SSSAD Lloyd Saunders Kinsmen Scholarhsip
The Lloyd Saunders High School Athletic Scholarship Award is sponsored by the Kinsmen Club of Saskatoon and is awarded to Saskatoon high school student athletes who are in their graduation year and are pursuing post-secondary education. The awards are valued at $2,000.00 for the male winner and $2,000.00 for the female winner. The funds must be used to further the winner’s education at the post-secondary level. The SELECTION COMMITTEE will consist of representatives from the Saskatoon Secondary Schools Athletic Directorate (SSSAD) Executive who will represent both Boards of Education.
To qualify for consideration, applicants must submit the following documents to the Selection Committee via this form by May 15 of each year:
- Completed application form.
- Copy of grade 12 marks, upload PDF to this form.
- Copy of proof of registration in a post secondary institution for the upcoming academic year, upload PDF to this form.
- A coach/teacher letter of reference, upload PDF or Word Doc to this form.
- A list of all the athletic activities, athletic awards, and recognition received as well as school leadership and community involvement that you have been part of from grades 9 through 12, upload PDF or Word Doc to this form.
- Applicant may be either male or female.
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen.
- Applicant must be completing his/her senior matriculation while attending a Saskatoon secondary school in the year of application.
- Applicant must be accepted to, and attend, a post-secondary educational institute.
- Applicant should demonstrate his/her financial need. Financial need is the driving force behind the Lloyd Saunders Scholarship and the Selection Committee would like as accurate account as possible of your personal and/or family financial situation. This information will be held in strict confidentiality.
- Applicant must possess outstanding athletic ability and have demonstrated reasonable success in his/her sport while consistently displaying excellent sportsmanship.
- Applicant must have been involved in leadership activities within the school or community during high school.
- Applicant must utilize the funds within one year of completion of grade 12.
- Applicant should be involved in post-secondary athletics.
1525 Avenue P S
Saskatoon, SK S7M 1L3
Saskatoon Secondary Schools Athletic Directorate © 2022